COVID-19 Safety Protocols
At Dr Amarjot S Sajan Inc, we take our COVID-19 protocols very seriously
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed some of our office protocols to keep everyone safe. We have designed all of our protocols with the advice of the Public Health Officer, the Vancouver Island Health Authority, BC Centre for Disease Control, the BC Dental Association and the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia.
Our Safety Protocols
Although the dental care you receive will remain the same, how we move around the office has changed:
- You will be asked COVID-19 screening questions when you schedule your appointment and emailed an online questionnaire to be completed the night before your appointment.
- We ask that you do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment, and PLEASE, do not be late. We are designing our schedule to maximize social distancing.
- Once you arrive in the office you will be asked to use the hand sanitizer station located by the front door.
- You will then be asked to don a mask that will be provided for you if you do not have one of your own.
- Next the receptionist will do a final COVID-19 screening, including a temperature check with a contactless thermometer.
- Once completed, you may be escorted into a treatment room, or asked to wait in the plexiglass separated waiting room chairs. We have installed plexiglass barriers to separate patients from the front desk team, and to separate front desk team members from each other.
The treatment rooms have also been adjusted to help curb the spread of COVID-19. We have installed air purifiers, in addition to the hospital grade purification system already in place in our building. We have also increased the amount of PPE team members are wearing during aerosol producing procedures. Additionally, we have a new team member to ensure all areas of the office are disinfected beyond CDC guidelines. We also screen our team members every morning and have installed plexiglass barriers in our lunch room as well as any meeting areas. All team members are required to wear a mask throughout the duration of their shift.